Community-acquired pneumonia in older patients: does age influence systemic cytokine levels in community-acquired pneumonia?
MacRedmond, Ruth E
Greene, Catherine M
McElvaney, Noel G
O'Neill, Shane J
AffiliationDivision of Respiratory Research, Department of Medicine, RCSI Education and Research Centre, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin, Ireland. email@example.com
Aged, 80 and over
Blood Urea Nitrogen
Severity of Illness Index
MetadataShow full item record
CitationCommunity-acquired pneumonia in older patients: does age influence systemic cytokine levels in community-acquired pneumonia? 2009, 14 (2):210-6 Respirology
JournalRespirology (Carlton, Vic.)
AbstractAge does not diminish the severity of illness scores in patients with CAP. There was no blunting of the systemic cytokine response with advanced age in this study.
- Prognosis of community acquired pneumonia (CAP): value of triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells-1 (TREM-1) and other mediators of the inflammatory response.
- Authors: Tejera A, Santolaria F, Diez ML, Alemán-Valls MR, González-Reimers E, Martínez-Riera A, Milena-Abril A
- Issue date: 2007 Jun
- C-reactive protein, severity of pneumonia and mortality in elderly, hospitalised patients with community-acquired pneumonia.
- Authors: Thiem U, Niklaus D, Sehlhoff B, Stückle C, Heppner HJ, Endres HG, Pientka L
- Issue date: 2009 Nov
- Lower incidence of acute respiratory distress syndrome in community-acquired pneumonia patients aged 85 years or older.
- Authors: Toba A, Yamazaki M, Mochizuki H, Noguchi T, Tsuda Y, Kawate E, Suzuki Y, Takahashi H
- Issue date: 2010 Feb
- Prospective comparison of three validated prediction rules for prognosis in community-acquired pneumonia.
- Authors: Aujesky D, Auble TE, Yealy DM, Stone RA, Obrosky DS, Meehan TP, Graff LG, Fine JM, Fine MJ
- Issue date: 2005 Apr
- Pro-adrenomedullin to predict severity and outcome in community-acquired pneumonia [ISRCTN04176397].
- Authors: Christ-Crain M, Morgenthaler NG, Stolz D, Müller C, Bingisser R, Harbarth S, Tamm M, Struck J, Bergmann A, Müller B
- Issue date: 2006