An unusual case of cancer of the urachal remnant following repair of bladder exstrophy.
AffiliationDepartment of Urology and Transplantation, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin 9, Ireland, firstname.lastname@example.org.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationAn unusual case of cancer of the urachal remnant following repair of bladder exstrophy. 2009: Ir J Med Sci
JournalIrish journal of medical science
AbstractINTRODUCTION: We report the first case of cancer of the urachal remnant following repair of bladder exstrophy, in a renal transplant recipient. METHOD: A retrospective review of this clinical case and the associated literature were performed. CONCLUSION: This unusual case highlights two very rare entities. Bladder exstrophy has an incidence of 1 in 50,000 newborns, whereas urachal cancer accounts for less than 1% of all bladder tumours.
Item TypeArticle In Press
- [Bladder exstrophy with adenocarcinoma in an adult patient: a case report].
- Authors: Mohammed B, Paul OJ, Mustapha A, Soufiane M, Jalaleddine EA, Fadl TM, Mohammed Jamal EF, Hassan FM
- Issue date: 2018
- An unusual case of a borderline Brenner tumor associated with bilateral serous cystadenoma and endometrial carcinoma.
- Authors: Cruz-Galarza D, Pérez-Rodríguez O, Laboy-Torres J, Gutiérrez-Rivera S
- Issue date: 2014
- Borderline tumor of the lymph node associated with bilateral serous borderline tumor of the ovary: case report.
- Authors: Tulunay G, Baykal C, Cil A, Kahraman B, Ozer S, Cavuşoğlu D
- Issue date: 2004
- [Urachal adenocarcinoma associated with urothelial tumor of the bladder. Report of a case].
- Authors: Payen E, Lechevallier E, Bretheau D, Lepidi H, de Fromont M, Coulange C
- Issue date: 1996 Apr
- [Invasive adenocarcinoma with epidermoid carcinoma on the site of bladder exstrophy. Histochemical and immunocytochemical study].
- Authors: Justrabo E, Poulard G, Arnould L, Pluot M, Zalmai I
- Issue date: 1991