Cystic fibrosis, common variable immunodeficiency and Aspergers syndrome: an immunological and behavioural challenge.
AuthorsChotirmall, S H
Low, T B
Flynn, M G
McElvaney, N G
AffiliationRespiratory Research Division, Department of Medicine, Education and Research Centre, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Beaumont Hospital, Beaumont Road, Dublin 9, Republic of Ireland, email@example.com.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationCystic fibrosis, common variable immunodeficiency and Aspergers syndrome: an immunological and behavioural challenge. 2009: Ir J Med Sci
JournalIrish journal of medical science
AbstractINTRODUCTION: Cystic fibrosis (CF) is of particular importance in Ireland as the Irish population has both the highest incidence (2.98/10,000) and the highest carrier rate (1 in 19) in the world. Primary immunodeficiency has not been previously reported as co-existing with CF. CASE REPORT: We report a unique case of CF associated with a primary immunodeficiency syndrome-common variable immunodeficiency (CVID). DISCUSSION: Our patient has CF, CVID and the additional comorbidity of Aspergers syndrome. The challenges inherent in diagnosing and treating such a case are outlined herein and the successful management of this case is evidenced by the well-preserved lung function of our patient.
Item TypeArticle In Press
- Cough and weight loss in a patient with cystic fibrosis.
- Authors: Khalili B, Montanaro A
- Issue date: 2005 Mar
- Clinical and immunological features of 44 common variable immunodeficiency patients: the experience of a single center in Turkey.
- Authors: Nepesov S, Aygun FD, Firtina S, Cokugras H, Camcioglu Y
- Issue date: 2020 Nov-Dec
- Common variable immunodeficiency and isosporiasis: first report case.
- Authors: Silva GB, Fernandes KP, Segundo GR
- Issue date: 2012 Dec
- Spectrum of Hepatic Manifestations of Common Variable Immunodeficiency.
- Authors: Crotty R, Taylor MS, Farmer JR, Kakar S, Yilmaz F, Ardeniz Ö, Patil DT, Deshpande V
- Issue date: 2020 May
- [CVID is a multifaceted disease].
- Authors: Dimitrova A, Jensen MD, Bock K, Hilberg O
- Issue date: 2018 Nov 19