High incidence of osteoporosis and fractures in an aging post-polio population.
AffiliationDepartment of Rheumatology, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin, Ireland. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
CitationHigh incidence of osteoporosis and fractures in an aging post-polio population. 2009, 62 (6):369-74 Eur. Neurol.
AbstractPost-polio patients are a high-risk group for fracture, and thus bone density assessment, review of falls risk and therapeutic intervention should be considered for all patients. Both osteopenia and OP are associated with increased fracture risk.
- Risk factors for osteoporosis and fracture in patients attending rheumatology outpatient clinics.
- Authors: Brand CA, Jolley D, Tellus M, Muirden KD, Wark JD
- Issue date: 1999 Apr
- Pattern of fall and bone mineral density measurement in hip fractures.
- Authors: Goh JC, Bose K, Das De S
- Issue date: 1996 Nov
- The osteoporosis needs of patients with wrist fracture.
- Authors: Bogoch ER, Elliot-Gibson V, Escott BG, Beaton DE
- Issue date: 2008 Sep
- Incidence of vertebral fractures in the first three months after orthotopic liver transplantation.
- Authors: Ninkovic M, Skingle SJ, Bearcroft PW, Bishop N, Alexander GJ, Compston JE
- Issue date: 2000 Aug
- Osteoporosis in patients with a low-energy fracture: 3 years of screening in an osteoporosis outpatient clinic.
- Authors: Woltman K, den Hoed PT
- Issue date: 2010 Jul