Trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole induced acute interstitial nephritis in renal allografts; clinical course and outcome.
AffiliationDepartment of Nephrology, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin, Ireland.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationTrimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole induced acute interstitial nephritis in renal allografts; clinical course and outcome. 2009, 72 (5):331-6 Clin. Nephrol.
AbstractAIN secondary to TMP-SMX, although an uncommon cause of allograft dysfunction over the study period, accounted for over 10% of cases of allograft dysfunction within the first month of transplantation. Therefore, a high degree of clinical suspicion for TMP-SMX-induced AIN is warranted when confronted with early acute allograft dysfunction.
- Drug-induced acute interstitial nephritis in renal allografts: histopathologic features and clinical course in six patients.
- Authors: Josephson MA, Chiu MY, Woodle ES, Thistlethwaite JR, Haas M
- Issue date: 1999 Sep
- Tolerability of low-dose sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim for Pneumocystis jirovecii pneumonia prophylaxis in kidney transplant recipients.
- Authors: Zmarlicka M, Martin ST, Cardwell SM, Nailor MD
- Issue date: 2015 Sep
- The impact of trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole as Pneumocystis jiroveci pneumonia prophylaxis on the occurrence of asymptomatic bacteriuria and urinary tract infections among renal allograft recipients: a retrospective before-after study.
- Authors: Singh R, Bemelman FJ, Hodiamont CJ, Idu MM, Ten Berge IJ, Geerlings SE
- Issue date: 2016 Feb 25
- Aerosolized pentamidine as alternative primary prophylaxis against Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia in adult hepatic and renal transplant recipients.
- Authors: Saukkonen K, Garland R, Koziel H
- Issue date: 1996 May
- Switch to atovaquone and subsequent re-challenge with trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole for Pneumocystis prophylaxis in a kidney transplant population.
- Authors: McLaughlin MM, Galal A, Richardson CL, Sutton SH, Barr VO, Patel N, Mitchell P, Stosor V
- Issue date: 2017 Dec