Bilateral calf chronic compartment syndrome in an elderly male: a case report.
AffiliationDepartment of Rheumatology, Musgrove Park Hospital Taunton, TA1 5DA UK. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
CitationBilateral calf chronic compartment syndrome in an elderly male: a case report. 2009, 2:8346 Cases J
AbstractLeg pain is a common presentation to the outpatient department. Bilateral calf chronic compartment syndrome is a rare cause of bilateral calf pain. Although this condition has been well documented in young athletes, it has rarely been reported in the elderly. We present the case of a 68-year-old male bodybuilder with bilateral calf chronic compartment syndrome, describe the presentation and evaluation of the condition, and provide a review of the literature herewith.
- Bilateral Chronic Exertional Compartment Syndrome of the Leg: A Rare but often Debilitating Condition in Athletes.
- Authors: Truex N, Menge TJ
- Issue date: 2018 Jul
- Surgical Treatment of Chronic Exertional Compartment Syndrome in Pediatric Patients.
- Authors: Beck JJ, Tepolt FA, Miller PE, Micheli LJ, Kocher MS
- Issue date: 2016 Oct
- Unilateral Exertional Compartment Syndrome in a Pediatric Competitive Figure Skater.
- Authors: Patterson Tichy AM, Bradley C
- Issue date: 2019 Sep 9
- Posterior Tibial Arterial System Deficiency Mimicking Chronic Exertional Compartment Syndrome: A Case Report.
- Authors: Lavery KP, Parcells BW, Hosea T
- Issue date: 2016 Jul-Sep
- Exertional compartment syndrome of the medial foot compartment--diagnosis and treatment: a case report.
- Authors: Izadi FE, Richie DH Jr
- Issue date: 2014 Jul