Recombinative generalization of subword units using matching to sample.
AffiliationNational University of Ireland, Maynooth, Co. Kildare, Ireland.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationRecombinative generalization of subword units using matching to sample. 2010, 43 (2):303-7 J Appl Behav Anal
JournalJournal of applied behavior analysis
AbstractThe purpose of the current study was to develop and test a computerized matching-to-sample (MTS) protocol to facilitate recombinative generalization of subword units (onsets and rimes) and recognition of novel onset-rime and onset-rime-rime words. In addition, we sought to isolate the key training components necessary for recombinative generalization. Twenty-five literate adults participated. Conditional discrimination training emerged as a crucial training component. These findings support the effectiveness of MTS in facilitating recombinative generalization, particularly when conditional discrimination training with subword units is used.
- Recombinative generalization of within-syllable units in nonreading adults with mental retardation.
- Authors: Saunders KJ, O'Donnell J, Vaidya M, Williams DC
- Issue date: 2003 Spring
- Recombinative generalization of within-syllable units in prereading children.
- Authors: Mueller MM, Olmi DJ, Saunders KJ
- Issue date: 2000 Winter
- Recombinative reading derived from pseudoword instruction in a miniature linguistic system.
- Authors: Hanna ES, Kohlsdorf M, Quinteiro RS, de Melo RM, de Souza Dd, de Rose JC, McIlvane WJ
- Issue date: 2011 Jan
- Subsyllabic units in computerized reading instruction: onset-rime vs. postvowel segmentation.
- Authors: Wise BW, Olson RK, Treiman R
- Issue date: 1990 Feb
- Re-evaluation of a programmed method to teach generalized identity matching to sample.
- Authors: Dube WV, Serna RW
- Issue date: 1998 Jul-Aug