Predictive validity of measurements of clinical competence using the team objective structured bedside assessment (TOSBA): assessing the clinical competence of final year medical students.
AuthorsMeagher, Frances M
Butler, Marcus W
Miller, Stanley D W
Costello, Richard W
Conroy, Ronan M
McElvaney, Noel G
AffiliationDepartment of Medicine, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Education, Medical, Undergraduate
MetadataShow full item record
CitationPredictive validity of measurements of clinical competence using the team objective structured bedside assessment (TOSBA): assessing the clinical competence of final year medical students. 2009, 31 (11):e545-50 Med Teach
AbstractTOSBA performance is a strong predictor of subsequent performance in the final examination. The clustering of the TOSBA with other assessments of clinical skills underlines its utility. Further research is required to determine whether performance in the TOSBA is predictive of subsequent performance during internship.
- Team Objective Structured Bedside Assessment (TOSBA): a novel and feasible way of providing formative teaching and assessment.
- Authors: Miller SD, Butler MW, Meagher F, Costello RW, McElvaney NG
- Issue date: 2007 Mar
- Team Objective Structured Bedside Assessment (TOSBA) as formative assessment in undergraduate Obstetrics and Gynaecology: a cohort study.
- Authors: Deane RP, Joyce P, Murphy DJ
- Issue date: 2015 Oct 9
- The use of an objective structured clinical examination (OSCE) for formative and summative assessment in a general practice clinical attachment and its relationship to final medical school examination performance.
- Authors: Townsend AH, McLlvenny S, Miller CJ, Dunn EV
- Issue date: 2001 Sep
- Using a structured clinical coaching program to improve clinical skills training and assessment, as well as teachers' and students' satisfaction.
- Authors: Régo P, Peterson R, Callaway L, Ward M, O'Brien C, Donald K
- Issue date: 2009 Dec
- Comprehensive undergraduate medical assessments improve prediction of clinical performance.
- Authors: Wilkinson TJ, Frampton CM
- Issue date: 2004 Oct