Socio-technical considerations in epilepsy electronic patient record implementation.
AuthorsMc Quaid, Louise
AffiliationEpilepsy Programme, Department of Neurology, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin 9, Ireland.
MeSHAttitude to Computers
Health Plan Implementation
Medical Records Systems, Computerized
MetadataShow full item record
CitationSocio-technical considerations in epilepsy electronic patient record implementation. 2010, 79 (5):349-60 Int J Med Inform
JournalInternational journal of medical informatics
AbstractAchieving successful electronic patient record implementation is complex. While technical challenges exist, it is possibly more important to acknowledge the social considerations. Initially, an increase in medical record fragmentation and disruption to workflow can arise with the introduction of the technology. Realising the benefits of electronic patient records will require the management of a lengthy transition phase.
- Documentation and coding of ED patient encounters: an evaluation of the accuracy of an electronic medical record.
- Authors: Silfen E
- Issue date: 2006 Oct
- Factors influencing the quality of medical documentation when a paper-based medical records system is replaced with an electronic medical records system: an Iranian case study.
- Authors: Pourasghar F, Malekafzali H, Koch S, Fors U
- Issue date: 2008 Fall
- Paper versus computer: feasibility of an electronic medical record in general pediatrics.
- Authors: Roukema J, Los RK, Bleeker SE, van Ginneken AM, van der Lei J, Moll HA
- Issue date: 2006 Jan
- Electronic patient record use during ward rounds: a qualitative study of interaction between medical staff.
- Authors: Morrison C, Jones M, Blackwell A, Vuylsteke A
- Issue date: 2008
- Optimising workflow in andrology: a new electronic patient record and database.
- Authors: Tüttelmann F, Luetjens CM, Nieschlag E
- Issue date: 2006 Mar