Aberrant DNA methylation associated with MTHFR C677T genetic polymorphism in cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma in renal transplant patients.
AffiliationDepartment of Dermatology, RCSI ERC Smurfit Building, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin 9, Ireland. email@example.com
Aged, 80 and over
Carcinoma, Squamous Cell
Methylenetetrahydrofolate Reductase (NADPH2)
Sequence Analysis, DNA
MetadataShow full item record
CitationAberrant DNA methylation associated with MTHFR C677T genetic polymorphism in cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma in renal transplant patients. 2010, 163 (2):345-52 Br. J. Dermatol.
JournalThe British journal of dermatology
AbstractGlobal hypomethylation appears to be a feature of SCC. Aberrant methylation of DNA appears related to polymorphisms of MTHFR. Such findings suggest that intervention in the form of demethylating agents or folate supplementation might be beneficial in the treatment or prevention of SCC.
- [Correlation of aberrant methylation of MGMT gene to MTHFR C677T genetic polymorphisms in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma].
- Authors: Xue HC, Wang JM, Xu B, Guo GP, Hua ZL, Zhou Q, Zhu ZH, Ma ZK, Gao J
- Issue date: 2008 Dec
- Association of methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase polymorphism and the risk of squamous cell carcinoma in renal transplant patients.
- Authors: Laing ME, Dicker P, Moloney FJ, Ho WL, Murphy GM, Conlon P, Whitehead AS, Shields DC
- Issue date: 2007 Jul 15
- Interaction between the MTHFR C677T polymorphism and alcohol--impact on oral cancer risk and multiple DNA methylation of tumor-related genes.
- Authors: Supic G, Jovic N, Kozomara R, Zeljic K, Magic Z
- Issue date: 2011 Jan
- Polymorphisms in the MTHFR and VDR genes and skin cancer risk.
- Authors: Han J, Colditz GA, Hunter DJ
- Issue date: 2007 Feb
- Genetic polymorphisms of methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase and promoter methylation of MGMT and FHIT genes in diffuse large B cell lymphoma risk in Middle East.
- Authors: Siraj AK, Ibrahim M, Al-Rasheed M, Bu R, Bavi P, Jehan Z, Abubaker J, Murad W, Al-Dayel F, Ezzat A, El-Solh H, Uddin S, Al-Kuraya K
- Issue date: 2007 Dec