EBV-positive B cell cerebral lymphoma 12 years after sex-mismatched kidney transplantation: post-transplant lymphoproliferative disorder or donor-derived lymphoma?
AuthorsPhelan, Paul J
Murphy, Rory K J
Conlon, Peter J
AffiliationDepartment of Nephrology, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Chromosomes, Human, Y
Epstein-Barr Virus Infections
Herpesvirus 4, Human
In Situ Hybridization
MetadataShow full item record
CitationEBV-positive B cell cerebral lymphoma 12 years after sex-mismatched kidney transplantation: post-transplant lymphoproliferative disorder or donor-derived lymphoma? 2010, 25 (6):2032-5 Nephrol. Dial. Transplant.
JournalNephrology, dialysis, transplantation : official publication of the European Dialysis and Transplant Association - European Renal Association
AbstractWe present a follow-up case report of possible transmission of lymphoma 12 years after deceased-donor renal transplantation from a male donor who was found at autopsy to have had an occult lymphoma. The female recipient underwent prompt transplant nephrectomy. However, 12 years later, she presented with cerebral B cell lymphoma. A donor origin for the cerebral lymphoma was supported by in situ hybridization demonstration of a Y chromosome in the lymphoma. There was a dramatic resolution of the cerebral lesions with tapering of immunosuppression and introduction of rituximab treatment. The finding of a Y chromosome in the cerebral lymphoma does not exclude a host contribution to lymphoma development.
- Posttransplant lymphoproliferative disorder in a kidney-pancreas transplanted recipient: simultaneous development of clonal lymphoid B-cell proliferation of host and donor origin.
- Authors: Heyny-von Haussen R, Klingel K, Riegel W, Kandolf R, Mall G
- Issue date: 2006 Jul
- Post-transplantation lymphoproliferative disorder of donor origin in a sex-mismatched renal allograft as proven by chromosome in situ hybridization.
- Authors: Cheung AN, Chan AC, Chung LP, Chan TM, Cheng IK, Chan KW
- Issue date: 1998 Jan
- Posttransplant lymphoproliferative disorder in pediatric bone marrow transplant recipients: disseminated disease of donor origin demonstrated by fluorescence in situ hybridization.
- Authors: Lones MA, Lopez-Terrada D, Shintaku IP, Rosenthal J, Said JW
- Issue date: 1998 Aug
- Donor origin of posttransplant lymphoproliferative disorder localized to a liver allograft: demonstration by fluorescence in situ hybridization.
- Authors: Lones MA, Lopez-Terrada D, Weiss LM, Shintaku IP, Said JW
- Issue date: 1997 Jul
- EBV lymphoproliferative disease of host origin after haploidentical stem cell transplantation.
- Authors: Kasow KA, Leung W, Horwitz EM, Woodard P, Handgretinger R, Hale GA
- Issue date: 2007 Nov