The role of the health services in the prevention of alcohol-related facial injury.
AffiliationDublin Dental School and Hospital, Lincoln Place, Dublin, Ireland.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationThe role of the health services in the prevention of alcohol-related facial injury. 2009, 7 (5):307-15 Surgeon
JournalThe surgeon : journal of the Royal Colleges of Surgeons of Edinburgh and Ireland
AbstractThis paper outlines the preventive health strategic measures that are currently in place and it endeavours to consider how improvements can be made to our national preventive strategy with the goal of reducing alcohol-related facial injuries. It is based on a review of the literature sourced through PubMed, Ovid Medline and the Cochrane database. The main findings are that increased funding, legislative amendment and media involvement are key to improving the work of the health services in their struggle to limit the ever increasing alcohol-related incidents that are experienced by society today.
- A systematic review of work-place interventions for alcohol-related problems.
- Authors: Webb G, Shakeshaft A, Sanson-Fisher R, Havard A
- Issue date: 2009 Mar
- Overcoming mixed messages on alcohol consumption: a teaching strategy.
- Authors: Willsher KA
- Issue date: 2010 Sep
- Universal family-based prevention programs for alcohol misuse in young people.
- Authors: Foxcroft DR, Tsertsvadze A
- Issue date: 2011 Sep 7
- Alcohol and drug prevention in nightlife settings: a review of experimental studies.
- Authors: Bolier L, Voorham L, Monshouwer K, van Hasselt N, Bellis M
- Issue date: 2011
- Media advocacy in community prevention: news as a means to advance policy change.
- Authors: Holder HD, Treno AJ
- Issue date: 1997 Jun