The role of the health services in the prevention of alcohol-related facial injury.
AffiliationDublin Dental School and Hospital, Lincoln Place, Dublin, Ireland.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationThe role of the health services in the prevention of alcohol-related facial injury. 2009, 7 (5):307-15 Surgeon
JournalThe surgeon : journal of the Royal Colleges of Surgeons of Edinburgh and Ireland
AbstractThis paper outlines the preventive health strategic measures that are currently in place and it endeavours to consider how improvements can be made to our national preventive strategy with the goal of reducing alcohol-related facial injuries. It is based on a review of the literature sourced through PubMed, Ovid Medline and the Cochrane database. The main findings are that increased funding, legislative amendment and media involvement are key to improving the work of the health services in their struggle to limit the ever increasing alcohol-related incidents that are experienced by society today.
- Binge drinking in college-aged women: framing a gender-specific prevention strategy.
- Authors: Kelly-Weeder S
- Issue date: 2008 Dec
- [Prevention--a task for all elements of society].
- Authors: Beske F
- Issue date: 2002 Jun
- [Primary prevention and health promotion--health science fundamentals for health policy].
- Authors: Rosenbrock R
- Issue date: 2004 Mar
- Alcohol and drug prevention in nightlife settings: a review of experimental studies.
- Authors: Bolier L, Voorham L, Monshouwer K, van Hasselt N, Bellis M
- Issue date: 2011
- [A reply on alcohol drinking prevention: economic incitaments 2009].
- Authors: Rydberg B
- Issue date: 2008 Oct 15-21