Cerebral tuberculoma in a patient receiving anti-TNF alpha (adalimumab) treatment.
AffiliationDepartment of Neuropathology, Beaumont Hospital, Beaumont, Dublin 9, Ireland. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
CitationCerebral tuberculoma in a patient receiving anti-TNF alpha (adalimumab) treatment. 2010, 29 (10):1201-4 Clin. Rheumatol.
AbstractWe report a case of a cerebral tuberculoma in a 60-year-old woman with rheumatoid arthritis while receiving the anti-tumor necrosis factor alpha monoclonal antibody, adalimumab (Humira), for active disease. MR brain imaging for dyspraxia revealed a left parietal ring-enhancing lesion, which on resection was shown to be a necrotizing granuloma. There were no associated pulmonary lesions, and the patient was systemically well. Sputum and urine cultures were negative for tuberculosis. The patient was treated with anti-tuberculous medications and made an excellent recovery. We consider this to be the first documented case of tuberculosis involving the central nervous system occurring in the setting of adalimumab treatment.
- Intracranial tuberculoma with adjacent inflammatory aneurysms.
- Authors: Kim IY, Jung S, Jung TY, Kang SS, Moon KS, Joo SP
- Issue date: 2008 Oct
- Adalimumab, a fully human anti tumor necrosis factor-alpha monoclonal antibody, and concomitant standard antirheumatic therapy for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis: results of STAR (Safety Trial of Adalimumab in Rheumatoid Arthritis).
- Authors: Furst DE, Schiff MH, Fleischmann RM, Strand V, Birbara CA, Compagnone D, Fischkoff SA, Chartash EK
- Issue date: 2003 Dec
- Central nervous system manifestations of tuberculosis-associated immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome during adalimumab therapy: a case report and review of the literature.
- Authors: Tanaka T, Sekine A, Tsunoda Y, Takoi H, Lin SY, Yatagai Y, Hayasihara K, Saito T
- Issue date: 2015
- Development of type 1 diabetes mellitus in a patient with rheumatoid arthritis receiving anti-tumor necrosis factor alpha.
- Authors: Richez C, Blanco P, Gin H, Schaeverbeke T
- Issue date: 2006 Sep-Oct
- Risk of herpes zoster in patients with rheumatoid arthritis treated with anti-TNF-alpha agents.
- Authors: Strangfeld A, Listing J, Herzer P, Liebhaber A, Rockwitz K, Richter C, Zink A
- Issue date: 2009 Feb 18