Coil Migration through a Neuroform 3 Stent during Endovascular Coiling. A Case Report.
AffiliationDepartment of Neuroradiology, Beaumont Hospital; Dublin, Ireland - email@example.com.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationCoil Migration through a Neuroform 3 Stent during Endovascular Coiling. A Case Report. 2009, 15 (2):219-22 Interv Neuroradiol
JournalInterventional neuroradiology : journal of peritherapeutic neuroradiology, surgical procedures and related neurosciences
AbstractSummary: A 43-year-old woman attended for stent assisted coiling. A Neuroform 30 x 4.5 mm stent had been successfully placed over the left periophthalmic aneurysm. During the coiling the first coil migrated through the crowns in the stent, lodging at the MCA bifurcation. We believe that the coil herniated through the overlying stent due to the carotid siphon curvature and the open cell design. Furthermore the distal markers of the stent impeded coil extraction with a MERCI device.
- Extraction of a migrated coil from the Enterprise stent strut using a Solitaire AB stent.
- Authors: Ge H, Jin H, Li Y, Lv X
- Issue date: 2016 Dec
- Y-Stent-Assisted Coiling With Low-Profile Neuroform Atlas Stents for Endovascular Treatment of Wide-Necked Complex Intracranial Bifurcation Aneurysms.
- Authors: Aydin K, Balci S, Sencer S, Barburoglu M, Umutlu MR, Arat A
- Issue date: 2020 Sep 15
- Detached Coil Migration that Assisted Stent Migration, during Stent Assisted Coiling of a Recurrent Aneurysm. A Case Report.
- Authors: Derakhshani S, Rosa S, Chawda S
- Issue date: 2011 Oct 31
- Neuroform Atlas Stent for Treatment of Middle Cerebral Artery Aneurysms: 1-Year Outcomes From Neuroform Atlas Stent Pivotal Trial.
- Authors: Hanel RA, Yoon N, Sauvageau E, Aghaebrahim A, Lin E, Jadhav AP, Jovin TG, Khaldi A, Gupta RG, Johnson A, Frei D, Loy D, Malek A, Toth G, Siddiqui A, Reavey-Cantwell J, Thomas A, Hetts SW, Jankowitz BT, Zaidat OO
- Issue date: 2021 Jun 15
- Comparison of Clinical Outcomes After Stent-Assisted Coiling with 3 Types of Self-Expanding Laser-Cut Stents in Patients with Wide-Necked Intracranial Aneurysms.
- Authors: Kato N, Nishimura K, Sonoda S, Kakizaki S, Nagayama G, Aoki K, Maruyama F, Ikemura A, Kan I, Kodama T, Kaku S, Yuki I, Ishibashi T, Otani K, Murayama Y
- Issue date: 2021 Feb