Coil Migration through a Neuroform 3 Stent during Endovascular Coiling. A Case Report.
AffiliationDepartment of Neuroradiology, Beaumont Hospital; Dublin, Ireland - email@example.com.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationCoil Migration through a Neuroform 3 Stent during Endovascular Coiling. A Case Report. 2009, 15 (2):219-22 Interv Neuroradiol
JournalInterventional neuroradiology : journal of peritherapeutic neuroradiology, surgical procedures and related neurosciences
AbstractSummary: A 43-year-old woman attended for stent assisted coiling. A Neuroform 30 x 4.5 mm stent had been successfully placed over the left periophthalmic aneurysm. During the coiling the first coil migrated through the crowns in the stent, lodging at the MCA bifurcation. We believe that the coil herniated through the overlying stent due to the carotid siphon curvature and the open cell design. Furthermore the distal markers of the stent impeded coil extraction with a MERCI device.
- Detached Coil Migration that Assisted Stent Migration, during Stent Assisted Coiling of a Recurrent Aneurysm. A Case Report.
- Authors: Derakhshani S, Rosa S, Chawda S
- Issue date: 2011 Oct 31
- Endovascular treatment of large intracranial aneurysms by neuroform stent-assisted coil placement.
- Authors: Mu S, Yang X, Li Y, Lv M, Wu Z
- Issue date: 2009 Mar 23
- Double-barrel stent-assisted coiling of a basilar artery fenestration aneurysm.
- Authors: Kan P, Abla AA, Dumont TM, Snyder KV, Hopkins LN, Levy EI, Siddiqui AH
- Issue date: 2013 Jul
- Intracranial stent placement to trap an extruded coil during endovascular aneurysm treatment: technical note.
- Authors: Fessler RD, Ringer AJ, Qureshi AI, Guterman LR, Hopkins LN
- Issue date: 2000 Jan
- Endovascular treatment of giant and large intracranial aneurysms using the neuroform stent-assisted coil placement.
- Authors: Yang X, Wu Z, Mu S, Li Y, Lv M
- Issue date: 2008 Jul