Imaging features of encapsulating peritoneal sclerosis in continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis patients.
AffiliationDepartment of Radiology, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org <email@example.com>
Peritoneal Dialysis, Continuous Ambulatory
Tomography, X-Ray Computed
MetadataShow full item record
CitationImaging features of encapsulating peritoneal sclerosis in continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis patients. 2010, 195 (1):W50-4 AJR Am J Roentgenol
JournalAJR. American journal of roentgenology
AbstractOBJECTIVE: The purpose of this article is to present the spectrum of radiologic findings of encapsulating peritoneal sclerosis in patients undergoing continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis (CAPD). CONCLUSION: Although a rare diagnosis, encapsulating peritoneal sclerosis in patients undergoing CAPD has a high morbidity and mortality. Diagnosis is often delayed because clinical features are insidious and nonspecific. Radiologic imaging may be helpful in the early diagnosis of encapsulating peritoneal sclerosis and in facilitating timely intervention for CAPD patients with encapsulating peritoneal sclerosis.
- Encapsulating peritoneal sclerosis in patients undergoing continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis in Japan.
- Authors: Nakamoto H, Kawaguchi Y, Suzuki H
- Issue date: 2002
- Case report of encapsulating peritoneal sclerosis: the interpretation of functional and structural peritoneal changes.
- Authors: Diaz-Buxo JA
- Issue date: 2008
- Single-center experience of encapsulating peritoneal sclerosis in patients on peritoneal dialysis for end-stage renal failure.
- Authors: Summers AM, Clancy MJ, Syed F, Harwood N, Brenchley PE, Augustine T, Riad H, Hutchison AJ, Taylor P, Pearson R, Gokal R
- Issue date: 2005 Nov
- Correlation between peritoneal mesothelial cell cytology and peritoneal histopathology with respect to prognosis in patients on continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis.
- Authors: Izumotani T, Ishimura E, Yamamoto T, Otoshi T, Okuno S, Inaba M, Kim M, Nishizawa Y
- Issue date: 2001 Sep
- Sclerosing peritonitis in continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis patients: one center's experience and review of the literature.
- Authors: Afthentopoulos IE, Passadakis P, Oreopoulos DG, Bargman J
- Issue date: 1998 Jul