Imaging features of encapsulating peritoneal sclerosis in continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis patients.
AffiliationDepartment of Radiology, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin, Ireland. email@example.com <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Peritoneal Dialysis, Continuous Ambulatory
Tomography, X-Ray Computed
MetadataShow full item record
CitationImaging features of encapsulating peritoneal sclerosis in continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis patients. 2010, 195 (1):W50-4 AJR Am J Roentgenol
JournalAJR. American journal of roentgenology
AbstractOBJECTIVE: The purpose of this article is to present the spectrum of radiologic findings of encapsulating peritoneal sclerosis in patients undergoing continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis (CAPD). CONCLUSION: Although a rare diagnosis, encapsulating peritoneal sclerosis in patients undergoing CAPD has a high morbidity and mortality. Diagnosis is often delayed because clinical features are insidious and nonspecific. Radiologic imaging may be helpful in the early diagnosis of encapsulating peritoneal sclerosis and in facilitating timely intervention for CAPD patients with encapsulating peritoneal sclerosis.
- Sclerosing peritonitis in continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis patients: one center's experience and review of the literature.
- Authors: Afthentopoulos IE, Passadakis P, Oreopoulos DG, Bargman J
- Issue date: 1998 Jul
- Sclerosing encapsulating peritonitis as a complication of long-term continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis in Korea.
- Authors: Lee HY, Kim BS, Choi HY, Park HC, Kang SW, Choi KH, Ha SK, Han DS
- Issue date: 2003 Oct
- Advanced glycation end-products and peritoneal sclerosis.
- Authors: Nakamura S, Niwa T
- Issue date: 2004 Sep
- Encapsulating peritoneal sclerosis in patients undergoing continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis in Japan.
- Authors: Nakamoto H, Kawaguchi Y, Suzuki H
- Issue date: 2002
- Sclerosing encapsulating peritonitis in patients undergoing continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis: a report of the Japanese Sclerosing Encapsulating Peritonitis Study Group.
- Authors: Nomoto Y, Kawaguchi Y, Kubo H, Hirano H, Sakai S, Kurokawa K
- Issue date: 1996 Sep