Alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma originating between the fourth and fifth metatarsal--case report and literature review.
AffiliationDepartment of Surgery, Beaumont University Hospital, Beaumont, Dublin 9, Ireland. email@example.com
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
MetadataShow full item record
CitationAlveolar rhabdomyosarcoma originating between the fourth and fifth metatarsal--case report and literature review. 2010, 16 (3):e51-4 Foot Ankle Surg
JournalFoot and ankle surgery : official journal of the European Society of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
AbstractWe report a case of alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma arising between the fourth and fifth metatarsal. A 13-year-old boy presented to outpatients with a history of pain and swelling in the lateral aspect of his left forefoot. Plain radiographs and MRI showed a soft tissue mass displacing the fourth metatarsal. Percutaneous biopsy revealed an alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma. Staging scans showed advanced metastatic disease. The patient was treated with chemotherapy. This highly malignant lesion remains challenging to diagnose, and difficult to treat successfully.
- [Rhabdomyosarcoma of the hand. Apropos of a case confined to the thenar eminence].
- Authors: Dumortier R, Laffargue P, Leteurtre E, Farez E, Bouretz JC
- Issue date: 1998 Oct
- Solid variant of alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma mimicking non-Hodgkin lymphoma: case report and review of literature.
- Authors: Ganesan P, Thulkar S, Rajan A, Bakhshi S
- Issue date: 2008 Oct
- Metastatic alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma to the breast: a case report.
- Authors: Daramola AO, Banjo AA, Ajekigbe AT, Popoola AO
- Issue date: 2008 Jun
- Alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma of the clivus with intrasellar expansion: Case report.
- Authors: Seiz M, Radek M, Buslei R, Kreutzer J, Hofmann B, Kottler U, Doerfler A, Nimsky C, Fahlbusch R
- Issue date: 2006 Nov
- A metastatic alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma of the hand.
- Authors: Seifert G, Seeger K, Reindl T, Voelker T, Henze G
- Issue date: 2006 Jan