Cytosolic phospholipase A2-α expression in breast cancer is associated with EGFR expression and correlates with an adverse prognosis in luminal tumours.
AffiliationDepartment of Molecular Medicine, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Education and Research Centre, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin 9, Ireland.
MeSHAntineoplastic Agents, Hormonal
Oligonucleotide Array Sequence Analysis
Receptor, Epidermal Growth Factor
Reverse Transcriptase Polymerase Chain Reaction
MetadataShow full item record
CitationCytosolic phospholipase A2-α expression in breast cancer is associated with EGFR expression and correlates with an adverse prognosis in luminal tumours. 2011, 104 (2):338-44 Br. J. Cancer
JournalBritish journal of cancer
AbstractThis study shows a role of cPLA(2)α in luminal breast cancer progression, in which the enzyme could represent a novel therapeutic target and a predictive marker.
- Cytosolic phospholipase A2 activation correlates with HER2 overexpression and mediates estrogen-dependent breast cancer cell growth.
- Authors: Caiazza F, Harvey BJ, Thomas W
- Issue date: 2010 May
- Measuring IGF-1, ER-α and EGFR expression can predict tamoxifen-resistance in ER-positive breast cancer.
- Authors: Chong K, Subramanian A, Sharma A, Mokbel K
- Issue date: 2011 Jan
- TOB1 is regulated by EGF-dependent HER2 and EGFR signaling, is highly phosphorylated, and indicates poor prognosis in node-negative breast cancer.
- Authors: Helms MW, Kemming D, Contag CH, Pospisil H, Bartkowiak K, Wang A, Chang SY, Buerger H, Brandt BH
- Issue date: 2009 Jun 15
- Epidermal growth factor receptor/HER2/insulin-like growth factor receptor signalling and oestrogen receptor activity in clinical breast cancer.
- Authors: Gee JM, Robertson JF, Gutteridge E, Ellis IO, Pinder SE, Rubini M, Nicholson RI
- Issue date: 2005 Jul
- Oestrogen receptor-mediated modulation of the EGFR/MAPK pathway in tamoxifen-resistant MCF-7 cells.
- Authors: Hutcheson IR, Knowlden JM, Madden TA, Barrow D, Gee JM, Wakeling AE, Nicholson RI
- Issue date: 2003 Sep