High concentrations of pepsin in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid from children with cystic fibrosis are associated with high interleukin-8 concentrations.
Shields, M D
Dimitrov, B D
El Nazir, B
Taggart, C C
Greene, C M
McElvaney, N G
AffiliationRespiratory Research Division, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Bronchoalveolar Lavage Fluid
MetadataShow full item record
CitationHigh concentrations of pepsin in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid from children with cystic fibrosis are associated with high interleukin-8 concentrations. 2011, 66 (2):140-3 Thorax
AbstractMany children with CF have increased levels of pepsin in the BAL fluid compared with normal controls. Increased pepsin levels were associated with higher IL-8 concentrations in BAL fluid. These data suggest that aspiration of gastric contents occurs in a subset of patients with CF and is associated with more pronounced lung inflammation.
- Gastro-oesophageal reflux and aspiration of gastric contents in adult patients with cystic fibrosis.
- Authors: Blondeau K, Dupont LJ, Mertens V, Verleden G, Malfroot A, Vandenplas Y, Hauser B, Sifrim D
- Issue date: 2008 Aug
- Pepsin in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid: a specific and sensitive method of diagnosing gastro-oesophageal reflux-related pulmonary aspiration.
- Authors: Farrell S, McMaster C, Gibson D, Shields MD, McCallion WA
- Issue date: 2006 Feb
- Nasal wash as an alternative to bronchoalveolar lavage in detecting early pulmonary inflammation in children with cystic fibrosis.
- Authors: Pitrez PM, Brennan S, Turner S, Sly PD
- Issue date: 2005 Mar
- Interleukin-8 concentrations are elevated in bronchoalveolar lavage, sputum, and sera of children with cystic fibrosis.
- Authors: Dean TP, Dai Y, Shute JK, Church MK, Warner JO
- Issue date: 1993 Aug
- Stability of interleukin 8 and neutrophil elastase in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid following long-term storage.
- Authors: Berry LJ, Sheil B, Garratt L, Sly PD, AREST CF.
- Issue date: 2010 Sep