Factors influencing career choice after initial training in surgery.
AffiliationDepartment of Surgery, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
CitationFactors influencing career choice after initial training in surgery. 2011, 35 (3):487-92 World J Surg
JournalWorld journal of surgery
AbstractThis study describes the career pathway of surgical trainees and confirms the importance of academic achievement in discriminating between candidates applying for surgical training schemes.
- Factors influencing surgical career choices and advancement in Ireland and Britain.
- Authors: Corrigan MA, Shields CJ, Redmond HP
- Issue date: 2007 Oct
- Novel method for assessment and selection of trainees for higher surgical training in general surgery.
- Authors: Gallagher AG, Neary P, Gillen P, Lane B, Whelan A, Tanner WA, Traynor O
- Issue date: 2008 Apr
- What proportion of basic surgical trainees continue in a surgical career? A survey of the factors which are important in influencing career decisions.
- Authors: Richards JM, Drummond R, Murray J, Fraser S, MacDonald A, Parks RW
- Issue date: 2009 Oct
- Factors influencing the decision of surgery residency graduates to pursue general surgery practice versus fellowship.
- Authors: Klingensmith ME, Cogbill TH, Luchette F, Biester T, Samonte K, Jones A, Lewis FR, Malangoni MA
- Issue date: 2015 Sep
- Factors affecting career choice among the next generation of academic vascular surgeons.
- Authors: Danczyk RC, Sevdalis N, Woo K, Hingorani AP, Landry GJ, Liem TK, Moneta GL, Mitchell EL
- Issue date: 2012 May