AffiliationDept of Medicine, Cavan General Hospital, Cavan.
Tomography, X-Ray Computed
MetadataShow full item record
CitationThrombolytic therapy in pulmonary embolism. 2010, 103 (1):20-1 Ir Med J
JournalIrish medical journal
AbstractMassive pulmonary embolism carries a high mortality. Potential treatment includes anticoagulation, thrombolytic therapy and embolectomy. We report a case of deep vein thrombosis leading to progressive massive pulmonary embolism despite appropriate anticoagulation, where thrombolysis with IVC filter placement resulted in a successful outcome.
- Successful thrombolysis of massive pulmonary embolism.
- Authors: Mehta N, Baron BJ, Stone MB
- Issue date: 2011 Mar
- Primary tibial vein aneurysm with recurrent pulmonary emboli.
- Authors: Gabrielli R, Rosati MS, Costanzo A, Chiappa R, Siani A, Caselli G
- Issue date: 2010 Aug
- Massive pulmonary embolism and pharmacological-mechanical thrombolysis: report of a case treated by mechanical catheter fragmentation.
- Authors: Pieri S, Morucci M, Agresti P, De' Medici L
- Issue date: 2003 Jul-Aug
- [Venous thrombosis of the lower extremities with fulminating pulmonary embolism and right atrium thrombus. Thrombolysis or embolectomy?].
- Authors: Koehler U, Funck R, Heitmann J, Knaack L, Köster H, Rauch D
- Issue date: 1999 Jul
- Paget-Schroetter syndrome: an uncommon cause of pulmonary embolic disease.
- Authors: Hobeika C, Meziane MA, Sands MJ, Lababede O
- Issue date: 2010 Feb