Medical Practitioners Act 2007: the increased medical record burden.
AffiliationGEMS Directorate, St James's Hospital, Dublin 8. email@example.com
MeSHForms and Records Control
MetadataShow full item record
CitationMedical Practitioners Act 2007: the increased medical record burden. 2010, 103 (3):85-6 Ir Med J
JournalIrish medical journal
AbstractNew medical record keeping obligations are implemented by the Medical Practitioners Act (2007), effective July 2009. This audit, comprising review of 347 medical entries in 257 charts on one day, investigated compliance with the Act together with the general standard of medical record keeping. The Medical Council requirement was absent all but 3 (0.9%) of entries; there was no unique identifier or signature in 28 (8%) and 135 (39%) of entries respectively. The case for change is discussed.
- Setting the records straight--a prospective audit of the quality of case notes in a surgical department.
- Authors: Chamisa I, Zulu BM
- Issue date: 2007 Aug
- [Responsibility circumvented with a set time for medical record keeping].
- Authors: Breuning MH
- Issue date: 2001 Jul 14
- Retention and destruction of medical records.
- Issue date: 2003 May
- Use of the CRABEL Score for improving surgical case-note quality.
- Authors: Ho MY, Anderson AR, Nijjar A, Thomas C, Goenka A, Hossain J, Curley PJ
- Issue date: 2005 Nov
- Patient access to medical records: problems and strategies for inpatient charts.
- Authors: Nawa H, Ohhara T, Mashiko K, Murakoshi A, Miyamoto J, Numabe H, Kitamura M, Nishino T
- Issue date: 2000 Jul