Head shop compound abuse amongst attendees of the Drug Treatment Centre Board.
AffiliationThe Drug Treatment Centre Board, 30-31 Pearse St, Dublin 2.
Substance Abuse Treatment Centers
MetadataShow full item record
CitationHead shop compound abuse amongst attendees of the Drug Treatment Centre Board. 2010, 103 (5):134, 136-7 Ir Med J
JournalIrish medical journal
AbstractThe use of "Head Shop" compounds has received much media attention lately. There is very little research in the current literature with regard to the extent of the usage of these substances amongst the drug using population in Ireland. We conducted a study to examine the extent of the usage of Mephedrone, Methylone and BZP amongst attendees of Methadone maintenance programs at the DTCB. Two hundred and nine samples in total were tested. The results showed significant usage of these compounds amongst this cohort of drug users, with 29 (13.9%) of samples tested being positive for Mephedrone, 7 (3.3%) positive for Methylone and 1 (0.5%) positive for BZP.
- 1-benzylpiperazine (BZP) abuse amongst attendees of the Drug Treatment Centre Board.
- Authors: McNamara S
- Issue date: 2009 Jun
- Methylone and mCPP, two new drugs of abuse?
- Authors: Bossong MG, Van Dijk JP, Niesink RJ
- Issue date: 2005 Dec
- "A costly turn on": patterns of use and perceived consequences of mephedrone based head shop products amongst Irish injectors.
- Authors: Van Hout MC, Bingham T
- Issue date: 2012 May
- Mephedrone (methylmethcathinone) in toxicology casework: a Northern Ireland perspective.
- Authors: Cosbey SH, Peters KL, Quinn A, Bentley A
- Issue date: 2013 Mar
- Drug abuse proficiency testing.
- Authors: Guerrant GO, Hall CT
- Issue date: 1977