Single coronary artery; extremely rare coronary anomaly successfully treated surgically in young adult male.
AffiliationDepartment of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Eccles St, Dublin 7. firstname.lastname@example.org
Coronary Vessel Anomalies
Tomography, X-Ray Computed
MetadataShow full item record
CitationSingle coronary artery; extremely rare coronary anomaly successfully treated surgically in young adult male. 2010, 103 (5):150-1 Ir Med J
JournalIrish medical journal
AbstractSingle coronary artery arising from aortic root, is a rare congenital anomaly. A 30-year-old male presented with acute myocardial infarction (MI) complaining of chest pain and raised troponin levels. Emergency angiography showed no coronary lesions but both left and right coronary arteries arising from single ostium. Patient was operated electively and perioperative findings confirmed the diagnosis of single coronary artery, as left coronary artery after taking origin from right sinus of valsalva runs through the septum, before dividing into left anterior descending and circumflex branches. The single coronary ostium opened with a slit like incision over the course of left main coronary, making the size of ostium three to four times bigger than the native one. In addition left internal mammary artery was harvested and grafted to the left anterior descending branch distally. Patient made successful recovery. Four months follow up dobutamine stress echo showed no inducible ischemia.
- A rare coronary anomaly consisting of a single right coronary ostium in an adult undergoing surgical coronary revascularization: a case report and review of the literature.
- Authors: Prifti E, Ademaj F, Krakulli K, Rruci E, Zeka M, Demiraj A
- Issue date: 2016 Jul 1
- Myocardial ischemia caused by a coronary anomaly left anterior descending coronary artery arising from right sinus of Valsalva.
- Authors: Dogan SM, Gursurer M, Aydin M, Gocer H, Cabuk M, Dursun A
- Issue date: 2006 Oct 10
- Right coronary artery originating from left anterior descending artery: a case report.
- Authors: Tokmakoglu H, Bozoglan O, Ozdemir L
- Issue date: 2010 Jun 8
- Percutaneous coronary intervention for a single coronary artery arising from the right sinus of Valsalva.
- Authors: Sato M, Okada T, Ohara A, Aoki T, Kawamoto I
- Issue date: 2009 Oct
- [Anomalous single coronary artery presenting as typical angina pectoris: a case report].
- Authors: Sahin DY, Bozkurt A
- Issue date: 2010 Mar