A study to compare chest X-ray reports on overseas nursing recruits.
AffiliationOccupational Health Department, Cork University Hospital, Cork. firstname.lastname@example.org
MeSHForeign Professional Personnel
Infectious Disease Transmission, Professional-to-Patient
Sensitivity and Specificity
MetadataShow full item record
CitationA study to compare chest X-ray reports on overseas nursing recruits. 2010, 103 (5):140-1 Ir Med J
JournalIrish medical journal
AbstractThis study was carried out to assess if there was a difference in the Chest X- ray (CXR) report on recruited nurses carried out overseas and later repeated in Ireland. This study was carried out in two Irish teaching hospitals. The subjects of this study comprised all overseas nurses recruited in each of the two hospitals within the defined period. The total number of subjects recruited from the 2 two centres was 84. Only nurses that had a repeat CXR were included in this study. 6/84 (7%) of the CXR that were initially reported as normal were subsequently reported as abnormal and were later diagnosed as Latent TB. 2/84(2%) of the CXR that were reported as abnormal were subsequently reported as normal. The data collected in this study has demonstrated that there was a significant difference in the CXR report from overseas and the CXR report in Ireland.
- Overseas nurse recruitment: Ireland as an illustration of the dynamic nature of nurse migration.
- Authors: Humphries N, Brugha R, McGee H
- Issue date: 2008 Aug
- The role and performance of chest X-ray for the diagnosis of tuberculosis: a cost-effectiveness analysis in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Authors: van Cleeff MR, Kivihya-Ndugga LE, Meme H, Odhiambo JA, Klatser PR
- Issue date: 2005 Dec 12
- EVALUATING THE VALIDITY AND RELIABILITY OF CHEST RADIOGRAPHY IN THE DIAGNOSIS OF TUBERCULOSIS AMONG SMEAR NEGATIVE PULMONARY TUBERCULOSIS PATIENTS.
- Authors: Tewolde E, Atnafu A, Kebede T, Tedla Y, Assefa G, Bedane A, Enquselassie F
- Issue date: 2015 Apr
- Chest X-ray: an unfair screening tool.
- Authors: Naz S, Aziz T, Umair MM, Uzair MM
- Issue date: 2014 Oct-Dec
- Overseas nurses in the National Health Service: a process of deskilling.
- Authors: O'Brien T
- Issue date: 2007 Dec