Friedreich's ataxia cardiomyopathy: case based discussion and management issues.
AffiliationMonaghan General Hospital, Co Monaghan. firstname.lastname@example.org
Ventricular Dysfunction, Left
MetadataShow full item record
CitationFriedreich's ataxia cardiomyopathy: case based discussion and management issues. 2010, 103 (4):117-8 Ir Med J
JournalIrish medical journal
AbstractCardiac involvement is common in Friedreich's Ataxia and is a common cause of premature death. Evidence regarding treatment of congestive heart failure in patients with Friedreich's Ataxia is lacking. The case of a 31-year-old male with advanced Friedreich's Ataxia who presented with an acute diarrhoeal illness and features of acute heart failure is discussed. We then review the reported cardiac manifestations of Friedreich's Ataxia and discuss management options.
- [Cardiac involvement in Friedreich's heredo-ataxia].
- Authors: Bertoni PD, Canziani R, Cozzi G, Arancio F, Marforio S
- Issue date: 1986 Jan
- Management and therapy for cardiomyopathy in Friedreich's ataxia.
- Authors: Lynch DR, Regner SR, Schadt KA, Friedman LS, Lin KY, St John Sutton MG
- Issue date: 2012 Jun
- Cardiac transplantation: a temporary solution for Friedreich's ataxia-induced dilated cardiomyopathy.
- Authors: Sedlak TL, Chandavimol M, Straatman L
- Issue date: 2004 Nov
- Friedreich's ataxia and scoliosis: the experience at two institutions.
- Authors: Milbrandt TA, Kunes JR, Karol LA
- Issue date: 2008 Mar
- Permanent use of a ventricle assist device for dilated cardiomyopathy in Friedreich's ataxia.
- Authors: Yoda M, El-Banayosy A, Arusoglu L, Tendrich G, Minami K, Körfer R
- Issue date: 2006 Feb