Preoperative neutrophil response as a predictive marker of clinical outcome following open heart surgery and the impact of leukocyte filtration.
AffiliationProf. Eoin O'Malley National Centre for Cardiothoracic Surgery, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, UCD School of Medicine and Medical Sciences, UCD Conway Institute of Biomolecular and Biomedical Research, University College Dublin, Eccle Street, Dublin, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Coronary Artery Bypass
Heart Valve Prosthesis Implantation
MetadataShow full item record
CitationPreoperative neutrophil response as a predictive marker of clinical outcome following open heart surgery and the impact of leukocyte filtration. 2010, 11 (5):604-11 Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg
JournalInteractive cardiovascular and thoracic surgery
AbstractPreoperative neutrophil responses to in-vitro stimuli can predict clinical outcome following open heart surgery. However, leukocyte filtration did not offer significant benefit in clinical outcome in our study.
- Off-pump coronary artery bypass surgery is associated with reduced neutrophil activation as measured by the expression of CD11b: a prospective randomized study.
- Authors: Al-Ruzzeh S, Hoare G, Marczin N, Asimakopoulos G, George S, Taylor K, Amrani M
- Issue date: 2003
- Conformational activation of CD11b without shedding of L-selectin on circulating human neutrophils.
- Authors: Orr Y, Taylor JM, Cartland S, Bannon PG, Geczy C, Kritharides L
- Issue date: 2007 Nov
- Leukocyte filter enhances neutrophil activation during combined aortic valve and coronary artery bypass surgery.
- Authors: Koskenkari JK, Rimpiläinen J, Ohman H, Surcel HM, Vainionpää V, Biancari F, Ala-Kokko T, Juvonen T
- Issue date: 2006
- Albumin attenuates neutrophil activation induced by stimulators including antibodies against neutrophil-specific antigens.
- Authors: Hashimoto M, Saigo K, Jyokei Y, Kishimoto M, Takenokuchi M, Araki N, Imoto S, Taniguchi K, Kumagai S
- Issue date: 2005 Nov
- Xenon modulates neutrophil adhesion molecule expression in vitro.
- Authors: de Rossi LW, Horn NA, Stevanovic A, Buhre W, Hutschenreuter G, Rossaint R
- Issue date: 2004 Feb