Initial arch wires for alignment of crooked teeth with fixed orthodontic braces.
Millett, Declan T
McIntyre, Grant T
AffiliationDepartment of Orthodontics, State Key Laboratory of Oral Diseases, West China College of Stomatology, Sichuan University, 14# Section 3, South Renming Road, Chengdu, Sichuan Province, China, 610041.
Randomized Controlled Trials as Topic
MetadataShow full item record
CitationInitial arch wires for alignment of crooked teeth with fixed orthodontic braces. 2010 (4):CD007859 Cochrane Database Syst Rev
JournalCochrane database of systematic reviews (Online)
AbstractThere is some evidence to suggest that there is no difference between the speed of tooth alignment or pain experienced by patients when using one initial aligning arch wire over another. However, in view of the general poor quality of the including trials, these results should be viewed with caution. Further RCTs are required.
- Initial arch wires for tooth alignment during orthodontic treatment with fixed appliances.
- Authors: Jian F, Lai W, Furness S, McIntyre GT, Millett DT, Hickman J, Wang Y
- Issue date: 2013 Apr 30
- Initial arch wires used in orthodontic treatment with fixed appliances.
- Authors: Wang Y, Liu C, Jian F, McIntyre GT, Millett DT, Hickman J, Lai W
- Issue date: 2018 Jul 31
- No reliable evidence to guide initial arch wire choice for fixed appliance therapy.
- Authors: Flores-Mir C
- Issue date: 2013 Dec
- Non-surgical adjunctive interventions for accelerating tooth movement in patients undergoing fixed orthodontic treatment.
- Authors: El-Angbawi A, McIntyre GT, Fleming PS, Bearn DR
- Issue date: 2015 Nov 18
- Retention procedures for stabilising tooth position after treatment with orthodontic braces.
- Authors: Littlewood SJ, Millett DT, Doubleday B, Bearn DR, Worthington HV
- Issue date: 2016 Jan 29