Stability of dental implants in grafted bone in the anterior maxilla: longitudinal study.
AffiliationPrivate Dental Practice, Muscat, Oman.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationStability of dental implants in grafted bone in the anterior maxilla: longitudinal study. 2010: Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg
JournalThe British journal of oral & maxillofacial surgery
AbstractWe aimed to assess the stability over time of dental implants placed in grafted bone in the maxilla using resonance frequency analysis, and to compare the stability of implants placed in grafted and non-grafted bone. Data were collected from 23 patients (15 test and 8 controls) in whom 64 implants (Brånemark system, Nobel Biocare, Göteborg, Sweden) were placed in accordance with the two-stage surgical protocol. In the test group 36 fixtures were placed in grafted bone, and in the control group 28 fixtures were placed in non-grafted bone. Resonance frequency analysis was used to assess the test sites at implant placement and abutment connection. The mean (SD) implant stability quotient (ISQ) for test sites at the time of implant placement was 61.91 (6.68), indicating excellent primary stability, and was 63.53 (5.76) at abutment connection. ISQ values at abutment connection were similar for test and control sites. Implants placed in grafted bone compared favourably with those in non-grafted bone, and showed excellent stability.
- Monitoring of implant stability in grafted bone using resonance frequency analysis. A clinical study from implant placement to 6 months of loading.
- Authors: Sjöström M, Lundgren S, Nilson H, Sennerby L
- Issue date: 2005 Jan
- Direct implant loading in the edentulous maxilla using a bone density-adapted surgical protocol and primary implant stability criteria for inclusion.
- Authors: Ostman PO, Hellman M, Sennerby L
- Issue date: 2005
- Implant stability measurements for implants placed at the time of extraction: a cohort, prospective clinical trial.
- Authors: Becker W, Sennerby L, Bedrossian E, Becker BE, Lucchini JP
- Issue date: 2005 Mar
- Reconstruction of the atrophic edentulous maxilla with free iliac crest grafts and implants: a 3-year report of a prospective clinical study.
- Authors: Sjöström M, Sennerby L, Nilson H, Lundgren S
- Issue date: 2007 Mar
- Reconstruction of the severely resorbed maxilla with autogenous bone, platelet-rich plasma, and implants: 1-year results of a controlled prospective 5-year study.
- Authors: Thor A, Wannfors K, Sennerby L, Rasmusson L
- Issue date: 2005