Dental health and management for children with congenital heart disease.
AffiliationOur Lady's Children's Hospital, Crumlin, Dublin 12, Republic of Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Dental Care for Chronically Ill
Heart Defects, Congenital
Pharmaceutical Preparations, Dental
MetadataShow full item record
CitationDental health and management for children with congenital heart disease. 2010, 17 (1):21-5 Prim Dent Care
JournalPrimary dental care : journal of the Faculty of General Dental Practitioners (UK)
AbstractCongenital heart disease (CHD) is one of the most common developmental anomalies. Children with CHD are at increased risk of developing oral disease, and are at increased risk from the systemic effects of oral disease. Recent changes in guidelines related to prophylaxis against infective endocarditis have highlighted the importance of establishing and maintaining oral health for this group of patients. The management of children with CHD can be complex and, unfortunately, many of these children do not receive the care they require. The challenges that these children pose are discussed, and suggestions are made for the appropriate management of these patients and the key role that all those working in primary dental care have to play.
- Oral health status of children with congenital heart disease and the awareness, attitude and knowledge of their parents.
- Authors: Rai K, Supriya S, Hegde AM
- Issue date: 2009 Summer
- Dental health and treatment in a group of children with congenital heart disease.
- Authors: Tasioula V, Balmer R, Parsons J
- Issue date: 2008 Jul-Aug
- Infective endocarditis in children following dental extraction and appropriate antibiotic prophylaxis.
- Authors: O'Sullivan J, Anderson J, Bain H
- Issue date: 1996 Jul 20
- Oral health of children with congenital heart disease following preventive treatment.
- Authors: Suvarna RM, Rai K, Hegde AM
- Issue date: 2011 Fall
- Prevention of infective endocarditis: guidelines from the American Heart Association: a guideline from the American Heart Association Rheumatic Fever, Endocarditis and Kawasaki Disease Committee, Council on Cardiovascular Disease in the Young, and the Council on Clinical Cardiology, Council on Cardiovascular Surgery and Anesthesia, and the Quality of Care and Outcomes Research Interdisciplinary Working Group.
- Authors: Wilson W, Taubert KA, Gewitz M, Lockhart PB, Baddour LM, Levison M, Bolger A, Cabell CH, Takahashi M, Baltimore RS, Newburger JW, Strom BL, Tani LY, Gerber M, Bonow RO, Pallasch T, Shulman ST, Rowley AH, Burns JC, Ferrieri P, Gardner T, Goff D, Durack DT, American Heart Association.
- Issue date: 2008 Jan