Influence of halogen irradiance on short- and long-term wear resistance of resin-based composite materials.
AffiliationMaterials Science Unit, Division of Oral Biosciences, Dublin Dental School & Hospital, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin 2, Ireland.
MeSHBisphenol A-Glycidyl Methacrylate
Curing Lights, Dental
Dental Restoration Wear
MetadataShow full item record
CitationInfluence of halogen irradiance on short- and long-term wear resistance of resin-based composite materials. 2009, 25 (2):214-20 Dent Mater
JournalDental materials : official publication of the Academy of Dental Materials
AbstractThe increased number of ploughing actions of the antagonist on the RBC (long-term) results in increased friction which would be expected to play a major role in the wear process. The significant increase in the mean total volumetric wear, but not the mean maximum wear depth, observed over time which is exacerbated at reduced halogen irradiances emphasizes the arguments of DeLong for the employment of volume for evaluating material loss due to wear following in vitro wear simulation of RBCs.
- Curing depths of a universal hybrid and a flowable resin composite cured with quartz tungsten halogen and light-emitting diode units.
- Authors: Lindberg A, Peutzfeldt A, van Dijken JW
- Issue date: 2004 Apr
- Influence of shade and light-curing distance on the degree of conversion and flexural strength of a dual-cure core build-up resin composite.
- Authors: El-Askary FS, El-Korashy DI
- Issue date: 2012 Apr
- Insufficient cure under the condition of high irradiance and short irradiation time.
- Authors: Feng L, Carvalho R, Suh BI
- Issue date: 2009 Mar
- Photoinitiator type and applicability of exposure reciprocity law in filled and unfilled photoactive resins.
- Authors: Leprince JG, Hadis M, Shortall AC, Ferracane JL, Devaux J, Leloup G, Palin WM
- Issue date: 2011 Feb
- Energy dependent polymerization of resin-based composite.
- Authors: Halvorson RH, Erickson RL, Davidson CL
- Issue date: 2002 Sep