A centralised, automated dental hospital water quality and biofilm management system using neutral Ecasol maintains dental unit waterline output at better than potable quality: a 2-year longitudinal study.
AffiliationMicrobiology Research Unit, Division of Oral Biosciences, Dublin Dental School & Hospital, University of Dublin, Trinity College Dublin, Lincoln Place, Dublin 2, Ireland.
Colony Count, Microbial
Hospital Distribution Systems
Infection Control, Dental
MetadataShow full item record
CitationA centralised, automated dental hospital water quality and biofilm management system using neutral Ecasol maintains dental unit waterline output at better than potable quality: a 2-year longitudinal study. 2009, 37 (10):748-62 J Dent
JournalJournal of dentistry
AbstractThis centralised and automated water treatment and biofilm management system consistently maintains DUWL output water at better than potable quality simultaneously in a large number of DCUs over the long-term.
- A novel automated waterline cleaning system that facilitates effective and consistent control of microbial biofilm contamination of dental chair unit waterlines: a one-year study.
- Authors: O'Donnell MJ, Shore AC, Coleman DC
- Issue date: 2006 Oct
- Optimisation of the long-term efficacy of dental chair waterline disinfection by the identification and rectification of factors associated with waterline disinfection failure.
- Authors: O'Donnell MJ, Shore AC, Russell RJ, Coleman DC
- Issue date: 2007 May
- Effective control of dental chair unit waterline biofilm and marked reduction of bacterial contamination of output water using two peroxide-based disinfectants.
- Authors: Tuttlebee CM, O'Donnell MJ, Keane CT, Russell RJ, Sullivan DJ, Falkiner F, Coleman DC
- Issue date: 2002 Nov
- Biofilm problems in dental unit water systems and its practical control.
- Authors: Coleman DC, O'Donnell MJ, Shore AC, Russell RJ
- Issue date: 2009 May
- Control of bacterial contamination of washbasin taps and output water using Ecasol: a one-year study.
- Authors: Boyle MA, O'Donnell MJ, Miller A, Russell RJ, Coleman DC
- Issue date: 2012 Apr