Provision of dental care for special care patients: the view of Irish dentists in the Republic of Ireland.
AffiliationDublin Dental School and Hospital, Lincoln Place, Dublin 2. email@example.com
MeSHDental Care for Disabled
Dentist's Practice Patterns
General Practice, Dental
MetadataShow full item record
CitationProvision of dental care for special care patients: the view of Irish dentists in the Republic of Ireland., 56 (2):80-4 J Ir Dent Assoc
JournalJournal of the Irish Dental Association
AbstractWhile the treatment of SCPs was reported by the majority of respondents (66%), the most common service provided was the management of dental emergencies. The need for a greater emphasis on preventive care was highlighted. Knowledge of the Disability Act 2005 was limited and responsible agencies need to increase awareness of the requirements for professional groups, like dentists, under the Act.
- The role of dentist, practice and patient factors in the provision of dental services.
- Authors: Brennan DS, Spencer AJ
- Issue date: 2005 Jun
- General dentists' perceptions of educational and treatment issues affecting access to care for children with special health care needs.
- Authors: Casamassimo PS, Seale NS, Ruehs K
- Issue date: 2004 Jan
- Patients with special health care needs in general and pediatric dental practices in Ontario.
- Authors: Loeppky WP, Sigal MJ
- Issue date: 2006 Dec
- Dental screening and referral of young children by pediatric primary care providers.
- Authors: dela Cruz GG, Rozier RG, Slade G
- Issue date: 2004 Nov
- Dental service provision in Victorian residential aged care facilities.
- Authors: Hopcraft MS, Morgan MV, Satur JG, Wright FA
- Issue date: 2008 Sep