Bonding auto-polymerising acrylic resin to acrylic denture teeth.
AffiliationUniversity Dental School and Hospital, University College Cork, Ireland.
Dental Restoration Failure
Dental Stress Analysis
Self-Curing of Dental Resins
MetadataShow full item record
CitationBonding auto-polymerising acrylic resin to acrylic denture teeth. 2009, 17 (3):134-6 Eur J Prosthodont Restor Dent
JournalThe European journal of prosthodontics and restorative dentistry
AbstractThis study investigated the effect of surface treatments on the shear bond strength of an auto-polymerising acrylic resin cured to acrylic denture teeth. The surface treatments included a combination of grit-blasting and/or wetting the surface with monomer. Samples were prepared and then stored in water prior to shear testing. The results indicated that the application of monomer to the surface prior to bonding did not influence the bond strength. Grit blasting was found to significantly increase the bond strength.
- Effect of surface treatments and cyclic loading on the bond strength of acrylic resin denture teeth with autopolymerized repair acrylic resin.
- Authors: Meng GK, Chung KH, Fletcher-Stark ML, Zhang H
- Issue date: 2010 Apr
- Effect of monomer treatment and polymerisation methods on the bond strength of resin teeth to denture base material.
- Authors: Barbosa DB, Monteiro DR, Barão VA, Pero AC, Compagnoni MA
- Issue date: 2009 Sep
- Effect of surface treatments on the bond strength between composite resin and acrylic resin denture teeth.
- Authors: Vergani CE, Machado AL, Giampaolo ET, Pavarina AC
- Issue date: 2000 Sep-Oct
- Bond strength of denture teeth to acrylic resin: effect of thermocycling and polymerisation methods.
- Authors: Barbosa DB, Barão VA, Monteiro DR, Compagnoni MA, Marra J
- Issue date: 2008 Dec
- Comparative bond strengths of autopolymerising denture resin and light cured composite resin to denture teeth.
- Authors: Yanikoglu DN, Duymus DZ, Bayindir DF
- Issue date: 2002 Feb