The effect of rapid screening for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) on the identification and earlier isolation of MRSA-positive patients.
Rossney, Angela S
AffiliationDepartment of Clinical Microbiology, Education and Research Centre, Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Bacterial Typing Techniques
Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus
Microbial Sensitivity Tests
Polymerase Chain Reaction
Predictive Value of Tests
Sensitivity and Specificity
MetadataShow full item record
CitationThe effect of rapid screening for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) on the identification and earlier isolation of MRSA-positive patients. 2010, 31 (4):374-81 Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol
JournalInfection control and hospital epidemiology : the official journal of the Society of Hospital Epidemiologists of America
AbstractRapid screening with the Xpert MRSA PCR assay facilitated compliance with screening policies and the earlier isolation of MRSA-positive patients. Discrepant results confirm that PCR testing should be used as a screening tool rather than as a diagnostic tool.
- Comparative evaluation of three chromogenic media combined with broth enrichment and the real-time PCR-based Xpert MRSA assay for screening of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in nasal swabs.
- Authors: Lee S, Park YJ, Park KG, Jekarl DW, Chae H, Yoo JK, Seo SW, Choi JE, Lim JH, Heo SM, Seo JH
- Issue date: 2013 Jul
- Detection of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) in specimens from various body sites: performance characteristics of the BD GeneOhm MRSA assay, the Xpert MRSA assay, and broth-enriched culture in an area with a low prevalence of MRSA infections.
- Authors: Hombach M, Pfyffer GE, Roos M, Lucke K
- Issue date: 2010 Nov
- Comparison of MRSASelect Agar, CHROMagar Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) Medium, and Xpert MRSA PCR for detection of MRSA in Nares: diagnostic accuracy for surveillance samples with various bacterial densities.
- Authors: Wolk DM, Marx JL, Dominguez L, Driscoll D, Schifman RB
- Issue date: 2009 Dec
- Active surveillance for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in the neonatal intensive care unit.
- Authors: Sarda V, Molloy A, Kadkol S, Janda WM, Hershow R, McGuinn M
- Issue date: 2009 Sep
- Comparison of the BD GeneOhm methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) PCR assay to culture by use of BBL CHROMagar MRSA for detection of MRSA in nasal surveillance cultures from intensive care unit patients.
- Authors: Snyder JW, Munier GK, Johnson CL
- Issue date: 2010 Apr