AffiliationDepartment of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Dublin Dental Hospital, Dublin 2.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationIV access in dental practice., 55 (2):92-6 J Ir Dent Assoc
JournalJournal of the Irish Dental Association
AbstractIntravenous (IV) access is a valuable skill for dental practitioners in emergency situations and in IV sedation. However, many people feel some apprehension about performing this procedure. This article explains the basic principles behind IV access, and the relevant anatomy and physiology, as well as giving a step-by-step guide to placing an IV cannula.
- A useful technique for cannulation using a venflon cannula.
- Authors: Wraith A
- Issue date: 2004 Spring
- Surgical technique. Intravenous access: obtaining large-bore access in the shocked patient.
- Authors: Williams DJ, Bayliss R, Hinchliffe R
- Issue date: 1997 Nov
- Sedation corner 31. Hardware needed--the equipment that must be in the bag (kit) when the sedationist visits you.
- Authors: Roelofse J
- Issue date: 2009 Apr
- Pre-operative fasting for intravenous conscious sedation used in dental treatment: are conclusions based on relative risk management or evidence?
- Authors: McKenna G, Manton S
- Issue date: 2008 Aug 23
- An evaluation of the B. Braun Vasofix Safety intravenous cannula.
- Authors: Crocker K, Potparic O, Yentis SM
- Issue date: 2008 Dec