The mechanical properties of nanofilled resin-based composites: characterizing discrete filler particles and agglomerates using a micromanipulation technique.
AffiliationBiomaterials Unit, School of Dentistry, University of Birmingham, St. Chads Queensway, Birmingham B4 6NN, UK.
Microscopy, Electron, Scanning
MetadataShow full item record
CitationThe mechanical properties of nanofilled resin-based composites: characterizing discrete filler particles and agglomerates using a micromanipulation technique. 2009, 25 (2):180-7 Dent Mater
JournalDental materials : official publication of the Academy of Dental Materials
AbstractThe validity of employing the micromanipulation technique to determine the mechanical properties of filler particulates was established. The 'nanoclusters' exhibited a greater tendency to multiple fractures compared with conventional fillers and possessed a comparatively higher variability of pseudo-modulus and load prior to and at fracture, which may modify the damage tolerance of the overall RBC system.
- The mechanical properties of nanofilled resin-based composites: the impact of dry and wet cyclic pre-loading on bi-axial flexure strength.
- Authors: Curtis AR, Palin WM, Fleming GJ, Shortall AC, Marquis PM
- Issue date: 2009 Feb
- The effect of filler loading and morphology on the mechanical properties of contemporary composites.
- Authors: Kim KH, Ong JL, Okuno O
- Issue date: 2002 Jun
- Microstructural characterization and fracture behavior of a microhybrid and a nanofill composite.
- Authors: Rodrigues SA Jr, Scherrer SS, Ferracane JL, Della Bona A
- Issue date: 2008 Sep
- Characterization of nanofilled compared to universal and microfilled composites.
- Authors: Beun S, Glorieux T, Devaux J, Vreven J, Leloup G
- Issue date: 2007 Jan
- In vitro contact wear of dental composites.
- Authors: Nagarajan VS, Jahanmir S, Thompson VP
- Issue date: 2004 Jan