Juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA): a screening study to measure class II skeletal pattern, TMJ PDS and use of systemic corticosteroids.
AuthorsMandall, Nicky A
O'Brien, Kevin D
Macfarlane, Tatiana V
AffiliationOrthodontic Department, Tameside General Hospital, Fountain Street, Ashton under Lyne, Lancashire OL6 9RW, UK. Nicky.Mandall@tgh.nhs.uk
Adrenal Cortex Hormones
Arthritis, Juvenile Rheumatoid
Malocclusion, Angle Class II
Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction Syndrome
MetadataShow full item record
CitationJuvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA): a screening study to measure class II skeletal pattern, TMJ PDS and use of systemic corticosteroids. 2010, 37 (1):6-15 J Orthod
JournalJournal of orthodontics
AbstractJust under one-third of oligoarticular and polyarticular JIA patients exhibited a moderate or severe class II skeletal pattern. It is, therefore, likely that any future clinical trial to investigate the effect of functional appliance treatment in JIA patients, will need multicentre co-operation to fulfil potential sample size requirements. Clinical signs and symptoms of temporomandibular joint pain dysfunction syndrome were low except for crepitus and click. However, radiographic evidence of condylar erosion was high particularly in the polyarticular group. Use of systemic corticosteroids was prescribed more in polyarticular cases and this is likely to reflect the severity of the disease.
- Effect of methotrexate on the temporomandibular joint and facial morphology in juvenile rheumatoid arthritis patients.
- Authors: Ince DO, Ince A, Moore TL
- Issue date: 2000 Jul
- Temporomandibular joint arthritis in juvenile idiopathic arthritis: prevalence, clinical and radiological signs, and relation to dentofacial morphology.
- Authors: Billiau AD, Hu Y, Verdonck A, Carels C, Wouters C
- Issue date: 2007 Sep
- The effect of a functional appliance in the management of temporomandibular joint disorders in patients with juvenile idiopathic arthritis.
- Authors: Isola G, Ramaglia L, Cordasco G, Lucchese A, Fiorillo L, Matarese G
- Issue date: 2017 Feb
- Serum S100A12 and temporomandibular joint magnetic resonance imaging in juvenile idiopathic arthritis Egyptian patients: a case control study.
- Authors: Abdul-Aziez OA, Saber NZ, El-Bakry SA, Mohammad AA, Abdel-Maksud SS, Ali Y
- Issue date: 2010 Feb 1
- Temporomandibular condylar alterations in juvenile idiopathic arthritis most common in longitudinally severe disease despite medical treatment.
- Authors: Cedströmer AL, Ahlqwist M, Andlin-Sobocki A, Berntson L, Hedenberg-Magnusson B, Dahlström L
- Issue date: 2014