AffiliationRestorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University College Cork, Ireland.
Group Practice, Dental
MetadataShow full item record
CitationAttitudes of Irish dental graduates to vocational training. 2010, 14 (2):118-23 Eur J Dent Educ
JournalEuropean journal of dental education : official journal of the Association for Dental Education in Europe
AbstractLarger proportions of recent graduates are undertaking vocational training.--The majority of VDPs and associates find their initial employment position beneficial.--VDPs benefit from a guaranteed source of income, a supportive peer network and a positive learning environment.--Some associates suffered from a lack of support, feeling isolated and overwhelmed with patients.--The majority of previous VDPs and associates would recommend VT to current undergraduates.--Almost 40% of associates would now choose to take part in VT if given the opportunity.
- Career choices on graduation--a study of recent graduates from University College Cork.
- Authors: McKenna G, Burke F
- Issue date: 2009 Dec-2010 Jan
- An investigation of trainers' and VDPs' views in the Mersey Deanery of the FGDP(UK) key skills in primary dental care and assessment of vocational training.
- Authors: Palmer NO, Grieveson B
- Issue date: 2008 Jan
- An investigation of the attitudes and fears of vocational dental practitioners in England and wales in 2007.
- Authors: Willett JA, Palmer NO
- Issue date: 2009 Jul
- A skills audit for the dental curriculum.
- Authors: McDonald DC, Godfrey J
- Issue date: 1999 Nov
- A question of value: a qualitative study of vocational dental practitioners' views on oral healthcare systems and their future careers.
- Authors: Gallagher JE, Clarke W, Eaton KA, Wilson NH
- Issue date: 2009 Jan