Case report: Presentation of lacrimo-auriculodento- digital (LADD) syndrome in a young female patient.
AffiliationDept. Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University College Cork, Cork, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Dental Restoration, Permanent
MetadataShow full item record
CitationCase report: Presentation of lacrimo-auriculodento- digital (LADD) syndrome in a young female patient. 2009, 10 Suppl 1:35-9 Eur Arch Paediatr Dent
JournalEuropean archives of paediatric dentistry : official journal of the European Academy of Paediatric Dentistry
AbstractBACKGROUND: Lacrimo-auriculo-dento-digital (LADD) syndrome (OMIM #149730) is an autosomal-dominant congenital disorder that can be caused by heterozygous mutations in the tyrosine kinase domains of the genes encoding fibroblast growth factor receptors 2 (FGFR2) and 3 (FGFR3), and has been found in association with a mutation in the FGF10 gene, which encodes an Fgfr ligand. Clinical signs vary, but the condition is characterised by involvement of the lacrimal and salivary systems, cup-shaped ears, hearing loss and dental abnormalities. Additional features may include involvement of the hands and feet with other body systems particularly the kidneys. CASE REPORT: Previous literature on the subject has been reviewed and this case is the first presentation of LADD syndrome in the Republic of Ireland, as a sporadic case in a 12-year-old girl who exhibited a range of dental and digital anomalies. TREATMENT: Her general medical practitioner managed her medical care whilst her oral care necessitated a multidisciplinary approach involving restorative and orthodontic elements. FOLLOW-UP: The initial restorative phase of treatment has successfully improved the appearance of the patient's anterior teeth using direct resin composite build-ups.
- LADD syndrome is caused by FGF10 mutations.
- Authors: Milunsky JM, Zhao G, Maher TA, Colby R, Everman DB
- Issue date: 2006 Apr
- Orodental findings of a family with lacrimo-auriculo-dento digital (LADD) syndrome.
- Authors: Guven Y, Rosti RO, Tuna EB, Kayserili H, Aktoren O
- Issue date: 2008 Dec
- Lacrimo-auriculo-dento-digital syndrome. Case report, review of the literature, and clinical spectrum.
- Authors: Lehotay M, Kunkel M, Wehrbein H
- Issue date: 2004 Sep
- [The lacrimo-auriculo-dento-digital syndrome (LADD): case report and literature review].
- Authors: Caluff PR, Silva AL, Mascaro VL, Neustein I
- Issue date: 2009 Sep-Oct
- Lacrimo-auriculo-dento-digital syndrome: a literature review and case reports.
- Authors: Toumba KJ, Gutteridge DL
- Issue date: 1995 Dec