The reproducibility and accuracy of internal fit of Cerec 3D CAD/CAM all ceramic crowns.
AffiliationDublin Dental School and Hospital, Dublin 2, Ireland.
Dental Prosthesis Design
Reproducibility of Results
MetadataShow full item record
CitationThe reproducibility and accuracy of internal fit of Cerec 3D CAD/CAM all ceramic crowns. 2009, 17 (2):73-7 Eur J Prosthodont Restor Dent
JournalThe European journal of prosthodontics and restorative dentistry
AbstractThe objective of this study was to evaluate the reproducibility and accuracy of internal fit using Cerec 3D CAD/CAM (computer aided design/computer aided manufacturing) all-ceramic crowns and to investigate the proximal contact point areas between the crowns and neighbouring teeth, in terms of location and the presence or absence of contact. A total of 48 crowns were milled and divided into two groups of twenty-four each. One group consisted of testing a Control die and the other group consisted of testing single Replica stone die duplicates of the Control die. The Internal Marginal Gap, Axio-Occlusal Transition Gap and Occlusal Gap were measured on each crown in both groups. No significant differences were identified between the mean thickness of the Marginal Gap, the Axio-Occlusal Transition Gap and the Occlusal Gap of the Control die when compared with the Replica dies indicating uniformity and consistency of the accuracy of fit and therefore die replication.
- Marginal and internal fit of Cerec 3 CAD/CAM all-ceramic crowns.
- Authors: Nakamura T, Dei N, Kojima T, Wakabayashi K
- Issue date: 2003 May-Jun
- Marginal and internal fit of all-ceramic crowns fabricated with two different CAD/CAM systems.
- Authors: Lee KB, Park CW, Kim KH, Kwon TY
- Issue date: 2008 May
- Marginal and internal fit of all-ceramic CAD/CAM crown-copings on chamfer preparations.
- Authors: Bindl A, Mörmann WH
- Issue date: 2005 Jun
- [CAD/CAM-copings for partial coverage].
- Authors: Denissen HW, van der Zel JM, van Waas MA
- Issue date: 1999 Feb
- Marginal and internal fit of metal-ceramic crowns fabricated with a new laser melting technology.
- Authors: Quante K, Ludwig K, Kern M
- Issue date: 2008 Oct