A review of aggressive periodontitis and an associated case report.
AffiliationDepartment of Restorative Dentistry and Periodontology Dublin Dental School, Dublin, Ireland.
Dental Prosthesis, Implant-Supported
Denture, Complete, Immediate
Patient Care Planning
MetadataShow full item record
CitationA review of aggressive periodontitis and an associated case report., 36 (1):38-40, 43-4, 47-50 Dent Update
AbstractAggressive periodontitis is a debilitating oral disease that results in rapid destruction of the periodontal tissues. It has recently been reclassified and ongoing efforts are now being made to understand its pathogenesis and record its prevalence in the population. This case report gives a brief outline of studies that have investigated why this disease tends to occur in otherwise young healthy adults. The mechanisms behind such extensive periodontal damage are discussed. A case report of a patient with aggressive periodontitis, treated in the Dublin Dental School and Hospital, is presented and the rationale behind his treatment is discussed.
- Treatment planning and sequence for implant therapy in a young adult with generalized aggressive periodontitis.
- Authors: Bidra AS, Shaqman M
- Issue date: 2012 Aug
- Treatment of aggressive periodontitis by osseointegrated dental implants. A case report.
- Authors: Yalçin S, Yalçin F, Günay Y, Bellaz B, Onal S, Firatli E
- Issue date: 2001 Mar
- Upgradeable dentistry, part 4.
- Authors: Winter R
- Issue date: 2009 Dec
- Same-day implants and prosthesis: case report.
- Authors: Papasikos GJ, Skiba JF
- Issue date: 2007 May
- Template-guided flapless implant insertion and prosthetic rehabilitation with telescopic crowns in a patient with treated generalized aggressive periodontitis: a case report.
- Authors: Thöne-Mühling M, Peleska B, Gockel F, Lotzmann U, Mengel R
- Issue date: 2012 Mar