AffiliationDepartment of Nephrology, Beaumont Hospital, Beaumont, Dublin 9. firstname.lastname@example.org
Nephrogenic Fibrosing Dermopathy
MetadataShow full item record
CitationNephrogenic systemic fibrosis., 103 (7):208-10 Ir Med J
JournalIrish medical journal
AbstractNephroaenic systemic fibrosis (NSF) is a potentiallv fatal dermatiological condition found exclusively in patients with advanced renal I failure. There is minimal literature regarding the epidemiology and outcomes of patients with NSF in Ireland. A retrospective chart review was performed for all patients with NSF in Ireland. Ireland's experience with the disease was examined in light of international reports. There have been three cases of NSF in Ireland; an area which serves 1915 dialysis patients--giving a point prevalence among Irish end-stage kidney disease patients of 0.002. There was a large variation in disease severity between the three patients. All three patients had significant exposure to gadolinium chelate. Caution with gadolinium administration must be exercised in patients with advanced renal failure.
- Tissue gadolinium deposition and fibrosis mimicking nephrogenic systemic fibrosis (NSF)-subclinical nephrogenic systemic fibrosis?
- Authors: Boyd AS, Sanyal S, Abraham JL
- Issue date: 2010 Feb
- Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis in advanced chronic kidney disease: a single hospital's experience in Taiwan.
- Authors: Chen W, Huang SL, Huang CS, Tsai MC, Lai HM, Lui CC, Eng HL, Chang HW, Lee CH, Chuang FR
- Issue date: 2009 Jan-Feb
- Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis: history and epidemiology.
- Authors: Thomsen HS
- Issue date: 2009 Sep
- Transmetallation and gadolinium: do low iron stores prevent the development of nephrogenic systemic fibrosis in high-risk end-stage renal disease patients?
- Authors: Panesar M, Boateng F, Patel SS, Masood SF, Mahajan P, Patel N, Murray B
- Issue date: 2010 Jul
- Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis, in patients with end-stage kidney disease on dialysis, in the greater Auckland region, from 2000-2006.
- Authors: Kendrick-Jones JC, Voss DM, De Zoysa JR
- Issue date: 2011 Feb