AffiliationDepartment of Liaison Psychiatry, Cork University Hospital, Wilton, Cork. firstname.lastname@example.org
Outpatient Clinics, Hospital
MetadataShow full item record
CitationAn audit in general adult psychiatry service. 2010, 103 (4):123-4 Ir Med J
JournalIrish medical journal
AbstractThe aim of this study is to evaluate the standards of lithium monitoring using the local prescribing guidelines in patients attending the lithium clinic of Galway University Hospitals (GUH). The laboratory records of 116 out of 142 patients who met the inclusion criteria were examined to identify the frequency of testing for serum lithium level, thyroid function tests and renal function tests. Only about one third of the patients met all the recommended standards in these three areas revealing poor standard of lithium monitoring. Lithium monitoring standards could be improved through the involvement of multidisciplinary team and a more detailed patient education system.
- Impact of audit and feedback on antipsychotic prescribing in schizophrenia.
- Authors: Wheeler A, Humberstone V, Robinson E, Sheridan J, Joyce P
- Issue date: 2009 Jun
- Lithium follow-up in general practice.
- Authors: Moscovich DG
- Issue date: 1997 Nov-Dec
- A combined group and individual approach to outpatient lithium treatment.
- Authors: Seeger PA, Stern SL, Dennert JW
- Issue date: 1989 Apr
- The outpatient clinic for patients under chronic lithium or neuroleptic treatment as a phase-IV research tool.
- Authors: Pietzcker A, Müller-Oerlinghausen B
- Issue date: 1984 Sep
- Suicide risk in patients treated with lithium.
- Authors: Kessing LV, Søndergård L, Kvist K, Andersen PK
- Issue date: 2005 Aug