Correspondence relating to the removal from office of the members of the Dublin Fever Hospital Board

Hdl Handle:
http://hdl.handle.net/10147/237479
Title:
Correspondence relating to the removal from office of the members of the Dublin Fever Hospital Board
Authors:
Department of Local Government and Public Health; Cork Street Fever Hospital; Dublin Fever Hospital
Publisher:
Stationery Office
Issue Date:
Jul-1945
URI:
http://hdl.handle.net/10147/237479
Item Type:
Report
Language:
en
Description:
The Fever Hospital (generally known as Cork Street Fever Hospital) was originally provided with the assistance of a Parliamentary Grant and up to the year 1932 it received assistance from State funds. Subsequently the Hospital benefited to the extent of £58,000 from Hospital Sweepstakes held prior to the passing of the Public Hospitals Act, 1933, and subsequently to the extent of £6,108. In 1933 the Committee of Management of the Fever Hospital applied for a grant from the Hospitals Trust Fund of £711,700 for the purpose of providing a new fever hospital to accommodate all cases of infectious disease occurring in Dublin City and County. The Fever Hospital at Cork Street has been used by the Local Bodies for the City and County of Dublin for the treatment of persons in these areas suffe1i.ng from infectious diseases. The income of the Dublin Fever Hospital Board has been derived mainly from payments made by the Corporation of Dublin and the Dublin County Council. An indication of the extent to which the Hospital is dependent for funds upon these local authorities is given by the figures for 1944-45, when out of a total estimated expenditure of £52,761 the total amount demanded in accordance with the provisions of the Act of 1936 from the Dublin Corporation was £35,335 and from the County Council £7,570 . .JOINT REPORT TO MINISTER BY THREE MEMBERS OF THE BOARD. On the 3rd August, 1944, three members of the Board, Mr. :M. 0 Foghludha (one of three members appointed by the Minister) and Messrs. F. H. Litton and M. O'Leary (members appointed by the Minister to represent the Dublin County Health District upon the removal from office of the members of the Dublin County Council and Dublin Board of Public Health) intimated to the Minister that for some time past the administration of the Hospital had in their view been far from satisfactory and that they were forced to believe that the conduct of affairs relating to the Hospital left much to be desired.
Keywords:
HOSPITALS; GOVERNMENT
Series/Report no.:
P. no; 7146

Full metadata record

DC FieldValue Language
dc.contributor.authorDepartment of Local Government and Public Healthen_GB
dc.contributor.authorCork Street Fever Hospitalen_GB
dc.contributor.authorDublin Fever Hospitalen_GB
dc.date.accessioned2012-08-07T09:19:50Z-
dc.date.available2012-08-07T09:19:50Z-
dc.date.issued1945-07-
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/10147/237479-
dc.descriptionThe Fever Hospital (generally known as Cork Street Fever Hospital) was originally provided with the assistance of a Parliamentary Grant and up to the year 1932 it received assistance from State funds. Subsequently the Hospital benefited to the extent of £58,000 from Hospital Sweepstakes held prior to the passing of the Public Hospitals Act, 1933, and subsequently to the extent of £6,108. In 1933 the Committee of Management of the Fever Hospital applied for a grant from the Hospitals Trust Fund of £711,700 for the purpose of providing a new fever hospital to accommodate all cases of infectious disease occurring in Dublin City and County. The Fever Hospital at Cork Street has been used by the Local Bodies for the City and County of Dublin for the treatment of persons in these areas suffe1i.ng from infectious diseases. The income of the Dublin Fever Hospital Board has been derived mainly from payments made by the Corporation of Dublin and the Dublin County Council. An indication of the extent to which the Hospital is dependent for funds upon these local authorities is given by the figures for 1944-45, when out of a total estimated expenditure of £52,761 the total amount demanded in accordance with the provisions of the Act of 1936 from the Dublin Corporation was £35,335 and from the County Council £7,570 . .JOINT REPORT TO MINISTER BY THREE MEMBERS OF THE BOARD. On the 3rd August, 1944, three members of the Board, Mr. :M. 0 Foghludha (one of three members appointed by the Minister) and Messrs. F. H. Litton and M. O'Leary (members appointed by the Minister to represent the Dublin County Health District upon the removal from office of the members of the Dublin County Council and Dublin Board of Public Health) intimated to the Minister that for some time past the administration of the Hospital had in their view been far from satisfactory and that they were forced to believe that the conduct of affairs relating to the Hospital left much to be desired.en_GB
dc.language.isoenen
dc.publisherStationery Officeen_GB
dc.relation.ispartofseriesP. noen_GB
dc.relation.ispartofseries7146en_GB
dc.subjectHOSPITALSen_GB
dc.subjectGOVERNMENTen_GB
dc.titleCorrespondence relating to the removal from office of the members of the Dublin Fever Hospital Boarden_GB
dc.typeReporten
All Items in Lenus, The Irish Health Repository are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.